Risotto with sausage and Barbera wine
The peculiarity of this dish is given by the red wine, full-bodied and still, that makes risotto very velvety in perfect contrast with the rich and fat texture of the sausage.
PREPARATION TIME 30 minutes
COOKING TIME 1 hour
300dl Barbera wine
1l vegetable stock
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In two different saucepans, bring wine and vegetable stock to the boil.
- After cutting the sausage into pieces, sauté it with a knob of butter.
- Then place rice into the pan with the sausage and toast it; simmer with a bit of boiling wine and let it evaporate.
- Continue cooking. Pour into the stock and season with salt.
- When halfway through cooking time, add red wine.
- Once cooked, mix risotto with butter and Parmesan cheese until creamy and then serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Italian style
Create rich and creamy chocolate truffle at home. Find out our recipe!
Pesto is one of the best kown italian cold sauce
Caprese salad is a traditional italian recipe usually served as an appetizer